New enclosure

Sammy Sam

Songster
Dec 8, 2023
image000000.jpeg
IMG_9868.jpeg
I posted earlier about my new 2 week old babies and these are the 5 I brought home on the 12/9: Plymouth Blue Rocks, sapphire olive egger, (2) Speckled Sussex, Cinnamon Queen. I’m not sure I got the Sapphire olive egger and maybe it’s a larger Speckled Sussex, but I guess time will tell. Can tell what they are? Either way, I love them all.

I was going to upgrade their enclosure, in a week to a larger crate, but it was a pain to clean the little crate and their water was constantly getting their bedding in it, so I moved them to a larger area.

Apparently, the new location walls were too short and the two larger ones kept getting out! lol. I now have cardboard boxes blocking them from hopping out. lol.

I love these girls!! So far I have one name picked out, her name is Queenie. My son will name the grey one and I’ll have to come up with 3 more names. I like the name Auntie, for an Aunt that recently passed away. One chick seems to be protective and not shy, I think that’s the egger chick, one of the two larger chicks.

Back
Top Bottom