New Family Members in the House

Lpearl42

Chirping
Apr 30, 2023
Candler, NC
Hello beautiful chicken friends!
If any of you had read my previous post, we actually found an amazing solution for the roosters. They are happy and healthy and well cared for. We just got them each a new coop. 🤦🤣

Back to the original question, I have 8 new babies. They are the cutest things. But the are in my bathroom in a galvanized metal trough. I lined the bottom with pine pellets. Did not soak them. And then I put large pine flakes on the top. I had started adding sweet pdz to the chicken coop. I know that too much dust at a young age can be harmful. I'm going to be out of town and I have a trustworthy person to take care of them while I'm gone, however she's still only 20 years old and I honestly am trying to make it easier on her. My question is is if I line the bottom the next time I clean it with pellets and a little bit of pdz covered by the flakes, Will that help? And also could it be dangerous, because, I would rather make her work harder than put my babies in danger. Any and all advice concerning chicks and having them inside, I would love to hear all of your stories. Thank you guys so much! I can't explain how much I appreciate you. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom