new feed an chickens started laying like crazy

miron28

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
lenoir north carolina
i started buying my feed by the ton and now my chickens starting laying like crazy. when i was buying the southern states brand i was only getting 3 eggs a day and now i am getting 1 1/2 to 2 dozen a day. so i give some feed to some friends and they were only getting 1 to 3 eggs a week and now they are getting 7 to 9 a day. could it be because the food is made fresh or what? i thought about bagging it and selling it what do you all think?

I think I need some of that magic feed
big_smile.png

Same here, Southern States brand gave me about 11 a week (20 hens) and now, using Purina Layena, I am getting all 20 to lay! even in 14 degree F weather!

I use Dumor and all of mine are laying. I don't know if it is the freshness, but definately appears to be a quality issue with the Southern States feed. Nice job. I'd sell it or share cost with neighbors so I wouldn't have to store it and both of your feed will be fresher.

You know I hadn't thought about it but I switched to SS this last bag and my eggs have dropped off to two a day from 9. I was thinking it was because it is so cold and the short days. Maybe you have something there. I will go back to layena next bag.

Who is the manufacture of that feed?
I would like to try it and I live in the GREAT PACFIC NORTHWEST: Washington State.

We don't have pixie dust in our feed here.
HELP!
Mike

Back
Top Bottom