New Flock Member

EyeHeartBantams

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 5, 2012
Manitoba, Canada
I'm new to the forum, and almost as new to chicken keeping. My family used to raise meat-birds each year, and it's been years since we've done that. Then, this year, I went to my first poultry auction with the intention to buy my grandfather a new rooster and a couple of hens, and ended up coming home with a trio of Welsummers for him and a trio of Red Jungle Fowl for myself.

Since then, I've come to enjoy keeping chickens, and purchased 10 assorted bantams from a local hatchery. Not sure of the breeds at this point, but I'm certain I have one Silkie and a couple of Seabrights, among others.

I'm hoping that being part of this forum will give me a good resource for my newest enterprise.

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from washington state glad you joined us!

Hi! I'm new to this site and raising chickens myself!! Very excited about them though! We live in a small city and making room with the space we DO have! A little thinking outside the box was needed to make room for a coop! We have two chicks that are three weeks old that we got through my son's school and we also have two Rhode Island Reds that I got last night that are seven days old. Right now they are semi-separated but I have co-workers saying it should be ok to mix them together...I'm uncertain what to do! Does anyone have any advice? Thanks new friends!

Back
Top Bottom