New from CO...

grandiose

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Hi all!

I'm new to chickens...been researching them since Spring...decided to wait awhile...then walked into the local feed store looking for something for a dog, saw a sign that said "Chick Days"...and big tubs full of fluffy chicks. Picked out 13 of the little guys before I realized how many I had and figured I should call it quits
wink.png
What should have been a $10 trip to the feed store ended up costing a LOT more than that!!

But they are soooo entertaining! They are about 4 weeks old now, and its been fun trying to figure out what breeds they might be (the tubs were only labeled "straight run" and "pullet" - I picked all pullets, although I'm starting to think I may have a boy or two in the mix!)

I've been reading through the forums for a bit now, and finally decided to join and start posting. Nowhere near an expert, very much a beginner, but having a TON of fun with the little chickies, and cant wait till they get all grown up and start laying!

As for the rest of the crew around here, I show and breed Pointers, and we always seem to have a resident Doberman around (my Husbands "Manly Dog"...cuz the Pointers are "Wimpy") and recently added a Cardigan Welsh Corgi to the mix. The dogs and all their stuff can be seen on their website: www.grandiosepointers.com . I would be quite content having a little backyard farm, but am going to have to make due with just chickens for now! Eventually, it is our plan to move to a couple acres outside the city, and hopefully then we can add some different "farm animals" and some more chickens
smile.png

As soon as I'm able to, I shall post pics of the chicks. Too cute not to photograph all the time!! Naming them all has been difficult, however!!

Have no clue what breeds they are!!! I can "best guess" from looking at hundreds of pictures online, but I figure I will eventually post photos here for all of you to help me figure it out
smile.png
There were no breeds labeled on the containers they were in...and the only ones I remember the guy saying the breed of were the Rhode Island Reds (2 of them for sure...)

Will post pics as soon as I'm able to...

Thanks for the welcome guys
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom