New From Kentucky

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

I have Rhode Island Reds and Golden Comets. I had 40 chickens and 3 stray dogs came in and killed 6 hens and my only Rhode Island Rooster. Thank God, one of the members had an extra rooster in Munfordville, Ky. My sons and I took quite trip and bought a beautiful, good natured male for my hens. On the trip, I met a couple very nice Amish ladies and the very nice member who sold me the rooster. The trip was enjoyable and productive.

Love that, and thanks. All I have is chickens and cats that are mixed ith what the vet says may be bobcat. They get along well together and infact three of the chickens prefer to sleep at night in the cat house. Go figure.

I have Rhode Island Reds and Golden Comets. I had 40 chickens and 3 stray dogs came in and killed 6 hens and my only Rhode Island Rooster. Thank God, one of the members had an extra rooster in Munfordville, Ky. My sons and I took quite trip and bought a beautiful, good natured male for my hens. On the trip, I met a couple very nice Amish ladies and the very nice member who sold me the rooster. The trip was enjoyable and productive.

I'm sorry about the loss of your hens. You have some excellent layers. Golden Comet is one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, and like all Red Sex Links, they are egg laying machines.

Back
Top Bottom