New from Maine!

TheHealingIdea

Chirping
Aug 3, 2019
Maine
Hello all!

Anyone else from The Pine Tree state? :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'm new to having them myself, but I've always had friends that had them. :)
Just got my first mini flock of 6 babes on Tuesday! Already got them coming when called and climbing into my hand though!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
My 6 chickypoos!

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 Barred rock pullets & 4 Asian black pullets. (I believe the ABs are pullets, from everything I've seen) :p

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Raising some pets that control pests, gathering eggs from happy hens, the sounds of the clucking, etc.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening (fruits, veggies, & flowers), crocheting, playing with my kids & pets, cooking, etc.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have kids, dogs, & cats. Occupation is in healthcare, though I'd love to leave it all behind to have my own homestead! :p

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found this website while googling chicken info in preparation of getting my babies! So I've known about it for about a week and I joined because I got my chicks!

Glad you found us!

I'm with you and the sound of chickens. It was the clucking of my neighbor's chickens that made me want to have my own. Having them makes me feel very grounded and when I'm out working in the garden and I hear them talking to one another or bragging about the egg they laid it just makes me happy.

Wishing you great happiness with yours!

Back
Top Bottom