New from Mississippi

DocWhosChickens

In the Brooder
Oct 7, 2015
Southwest MS
Hello!

I finally decided to create a profile after lurking for the past couple of weeks. About a month ago, I was living in SA TX, looking for a corporate job... and now I'm running a mini-farm! Unforeseen circumstances put me in charge of a small flock of chickens (I believe they are Orpingtons and Black Laced Red Wyandotte?) and a few bantams (one Silkie hen, one Golden Laced Polish hen, a Frizzle rooster, and a black and white rooster I can't quite name). I also have a herd of goats, but that is talk for another site. I have had to gain a lot of knowledge very quickly since one of the Wyandottes are brooding on fertilized eggs
ep.gif
, but hopefully I can learn much more here!

Thanks and have a great one!

Hello!

I finally decided to create a profile after lurking for the past couple of weeks. About a month ago, I was living in SA TX, looking for a corporate job... and now I'm running a mini-farm! Unforeseen circumstances put me in charge of a small flock of chickens (I believe they are Orpingtons and Black Laced Red Wyandotte?) and a few bantams (one Silkie hen, one Golden Laced Polish hen, a Frizzle rooster, and a black and white rooster I can't quite name). I also have a herd of goats, but that is talk for another site. I have had to gain a lot of knowledge very quickly since one of the Wyandottes are brooding on fertilized eggs
ep.gif
, but hopefully I can learn much more here!

Thanks and have a great one!
welcome-byc.gif

Where in Mississippi? I'm on the coast..

Are you sure they are Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.. never heard of the black before.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/25131/m-i-crooked-letter-crooked-letter-ahh-nevermind-mississippi

that's the link to the MS thread, introduce yourself. :)

Thanks, trail rider! A few of my chicks actually hatched last night
jumpy.gif
I'm so excited! Brooder is still sitting on the rest of the eggs, so hopefully there will be more coming.

Back
Top Bottom