New from upstate NY, northern Saratoga county

floydp97

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 27, 2014
Northern Saratoga County, New York
Hello all! I became a member a few months ago and just started posting. BUT...forgot to introduce myself first. My name is Kim. My husband and I live on 5 acres in the town of greenfield. I got my first batch of chicks 8 years ago. A darker slow growing meat bird. In case keeping chickens didn't grow on me.
1f62e.png
Horrible choice! I was so torn up the day I brought them to the butcher. I couldn't wait to order my next batch in the spring. 12 speckled Sussex and 13 partridge rock. I still have one of the Sussex, Hermie. Actually, I kept her and another for company for "hobble bobble" my favorite little hen. They were first called "the hermits" as they didn't like to leave the coop. I lost hobble bobble and one of the other hens to something respiratory. Hermie, as she became, has since hatched 2 groups of chicks from eggs from my main coop of school hatched sex-links and a barred rock rooster. That group headed for freezer heaven a month ago. And now in that coop another group of school chicks. Unfortunate for me and them before too long...12 roosters. Bringing me to the 46 baby dark brahmas now brooding in my basement! And still Hermie and her 5 hens in the barn! Hubby thinks I'm insane! But I did find a wonderful new 4H home for my 2 ewes, freeing up lots of barn space. And everyone should know that it's very sad to have empty space in your barn
1f413.png
1f604.png
!

images

Welcome to BYC!

You will be far from insane on this site....we all have OCD...Obsessive Chicken Disorder!

Sounds like you have had quite the adventures. Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom