New here and from Washington

welcome-byc.gif
from WI. jjdward gave some good advise I think....do your research on breeds, #s of chickens and if they are mainly for eggs, meat, pets etc. Then you can get an idea of the size coop/run you will need. Just take one step at a time, it will lead you to"the plan" to make it happen. Yo can get ideas and advice as you go along.
Many people don't have a clue about keeping chickens (or many other things....) Any creature, including humans, can be "dirty". A well managed flock of chickens is not the mess they think it is.......
barnie.gif
I would never eat a chicken or any meat produced/processed in a facility.....well, I quit eating meat 20 years ago but ..... Enough rambling, you'll get a lot of good info here and can start your chicken keeping the "right" way

Hello from Marysville wa...This is the first year I got my chickens and its been a daily lesson on what to expect and its very fun. I also have two ducks. Its really not that hard to keep chickens and in fact mine are free ranging but are very well maintained and Im still learning on how to clean up the poop and what not. So if you would like to know more please send me a message and hope you enjoy this website.
welcome-byc.gif

I am in Burlington Washington in response to the previous poster that asked where i was. we have such sporadic winters. some can be really snowy and downright freezing but other years winter is just wet!

Thanks to everyone for your input!

Welcome to BYC from Seattle!

You will find great information and friends here.

Also, the "head rooster" of this site just published an excellent book

Raising Chicken for Dummies.

[edit typo]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom