New Here and loving it ... HI EVERYONE

tparks2016

Hatching
May 24, 2016
Hello everyone i am so happy to be here. I am new to having a flock of any thing instead of dogs lol... we have four of those and lots of salt water fish haha, and are looking forward to having so much fun raising my new found friends.... i've probably already messed up a few times already, but so far ever one seems healthy, chirpy and happy. I have 5 what i hope are all hens still waiting to learn how to tell the difference. :) one Peking duck i so wish i woulds got two but she or he gets so much attention they are happy.... and two white turkeys...We thought about doing this last year but didn't make the time frame but this year my husband and i couldn't resist!! I thought i knew what breeds of chickens i have and hope to find out from here... so much learning and i've done so much reading already so i look forward to my first forum i have ever belonged to with backyard chickens.com!! What a wonderful website and community... My last daughter has finally moved on with adulthood, so we are starting new hobbies with all this land ; including our new found farm animals. My husband and I love to go to yard sales, and work on motorcycles and cars,,, and i in particular grew my first garden last year and am enjoying that this year as well.. Like i said before, we have 4 dogs a chocolate lab, 2 chihuahua's and a shih tzu. I also am a fish fanatic with a 50 gallon salt water tank. Love my doggies.... :).... I am a computer administrator (semi- retired) and my hubby is a carpenter... well for now i look forward to learning, reading and sharing our new found "little farm" with everyone....

Thanks !!
Tiff and Dewey

P.S. Oh and i hope to get a pot belly pig soon !! .... am loving new farm life !!

welcome-byc.gif
Great to have another poultry lover!

Hi Tiff and Dewey and welcome to BYC. Its great that hubby is is a carpenter - all that space, AND someone to build a bigger coop ready for your increasing flock (which it will). Good luck with your new farm and, of course, your pig.

Best wishes
CT

@ tparks2016
Tiff and Dewey
Glad to see you you will find very fun and educational
but mostly fun people we all share a few passions here
welcome-byc.gif

Many states also have forums you don't say where you are located?
remember to post photos of the tribe also.

Last edited:
Hi Tiff and Dewey, nice to meet you. You don't need to post your location. If you'd like to join your state thread, you can put "State name" in the search box and it will come up for you. Bycers tend to be friendly and thoughtful folks, you may find some living hear you.

Thanks for all the friendly responses!! I have loved this website since i found it,,,, so helpful ad i love the pics !! The turkey and the duck went out side a few days ago and they are loving their new home!!! Especially since the duck can now swim when ever she wants :)

The chickens go outside today so excited the new coop is built !!! will post pictures of "our little farm" sometime tommorrow

exicted to get my first eggs too !! :) i hear they are super yummy in a few months i hear six months old :)

Well look forward to posting guys and again thanks for the greetings

Tiffany and dewey

Thanks for all the friendly responses!! I have loved this website since i found it,,,, so helpful ad i love the pics !! The turkey and the duck went out side a few days ago and they are loving their new home!!! Especially since the duck can now swim when ever she wants :)

The chickens go outside today so excited the new coop is built !!! will post pictures of "our little farm" sometime tommorrow

exicted to get my first eggs too !! :) i hear they are super yummy in a few months i hear six months old :)

Well look forward to posting guys and again thanks for the greetings

Tiffany and dewey
please do post photos we would love to see them

Back
Top Bottom