New here and need advise on beak injury

I think it was a dog trying to pull his head through the fence. This gander is getting very protective on his goose already and will even hiss and bite at my cogs when they get too close. I have been locking them up at night in one of the protected runs. He is out and doing well after a couple of days of stall rest. He just looks bad now...
I hope he continues to recover, geese are such awesome creatures.

Just wanted to post a quick update -- My gander is doing better. Still active, eating and free ranging just fine. He just looks like his beak has a couple of black bumps on it instead of a nice pretty orange color. But I guess it could have been much worst..

Just wanted to post a quick update -- My gander is doing better. Still active, eating and free ranging just fine. He just looks like his beak has a couple of black bumps on it instead of a nice pretty orange color. But I guess it could have been much worst..
Sounds great, if you don't alrady you might want to put some ACV into their drinking water it acts like a antibacterial and can help to heal. 1 Tab to 1 gal. of water.

Back
Top Bottom