New here and need help aging my chicks!

My chicken family
1f495.png

The green (boy) and pink (girl) are leghorn , and black one is a Bantam (boy) they were all just a few days shy of 3 weeks old in this pic so you can kind of compare feathering at least. The others--2 Buff Orp at bottom (girls) and the RIR fella at top were around 4 weeks :) (the latter were all supposed to be pullets but that turned out not to be true!)
1f61c.png
They are all around 6 1/2 months now.

Last edited:
Thank you so much!! I think I'm going to love it here. I've been lurking for quite a while and enjoy it! We have had them for eight days and their wings aren't completely feathered yet and two of them have just developed tail feathers within the last few days. Fingers crossed that they're all pullets! Lol!

Your most welcome! Yes, hoping that they're all pullets for you!

My chicken family
1f495.png

The green (boy) and pink (girl) are leghorn , and black one is a Bantam (boy) they were all just a few days shy of 3 weeks old in this pic so you can kind of compare feathering at least. The others--2 Buff Orp at bottom (girls) and the RIR fella at top were around 4 weeks :) (the latter were all supposed to be pullets but that turned out not to be true!)
1f61c.png
They are all around 6 1/2 months now.
I love your chicken family! I have a maran rooster, Fred. One Leghorn Hen, Lucy; one black australorp Hen, Ethel; three Easter eggers, Eleanor, Margo and scarlet; and one Muscovy duck that thinks she's a chicken named Stephanie. Plus the new chicks. Not sure how old most of the hens are bc they were all grown when we got them. I'm excited to watch Daisy, Ruby and Maya grow!!

Back
Top Bottom