New here...looking for survivors!

LilCarolyn

Hatching
12 Years
Feb 5, 2007
Hi, All...
My name is Carolyn and I fell in love with raising chickens 5 yrs ago.

I am looking forward to checking out this site...but I need to ask if anyone here is from, the long defunked poultry website Melodious Farm and Feather aka My Chickens.com ? Patrick shut it down when his mother died, and I was wondering if anyone here was from there. It was a great group of people...and I DO have news re: some of them.

Looking forward to new friends and hoping to hook up with some old ones.

LilCarolyn
smile.png

Hello Carolyn!
I'm fairly new to this site, but I've had chickens for about three years.
You'll love BYC, everyone is so helpful and friendly!
What breeds of chickens do you have?

Welcome LilCarolyn! You mentioned a site that someone let die? Sounds familiar <wink>. That's exactly what happened to BYC which is why I did all I could to save it.

Too bad the domain name you mentioned is poached. If anyone has a chicken site, or knows of one that is going to die, please let us know so we can use it / buy it and keep it alive, or at least direct people over here.

I hate seeing good sites die and communities lost.

Thank you for the welcome!
I had many breeds...more recently I fell in love with Buff Orpingtons and raised them exclusively. They are SO sweet!
However, I recently moved to town and had to find homes for my flock. (the people still call me with updates) I still love all things poultry and the people...I miss my chickens.
sad.png

That's why I thought that I would try to look up some folks. I still enjoy reading posts about them and have lots to share.
Glad you were able to save your community!

Back
Top Bottom