New here! :-)

Kingranchgirl

Hatching
Mar 17, 2016
Hey Chicken Friends, Breeder ect.

I am in Colorado, have 33 chickens on 100 acres free range, organic fed and I guess they are pretty happy here! :)
I was also wondering .... I have a 1 year old Ameracauna Hen who is laying her 2 nd time this week 2 eggs a day in a time frame from about 2-3 hours!Both shells normal...how that can be??? Crazy...lol

Anyway, I am glad to be here ! :)

Hello and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Your place sounds like a wonderful place to be a chicken! LOL I am glad you are enjoying them so!

Generally a hen will not release another yolk until the one in the uterus has been laid. But sometimes, especially with young layers, a yolk can get released shortly after another one or while one is still getting a shell put on. Similar to double yolked eggs. Very high protein or over fed hens will release too many yolks as well. Genetics can determine how a hen releases yolks too.

Just make sure she eats plenty of layer feed. Laying can be taxing on a hen, especially with the need for calcium. So go lightly on the treats or goodies so she eats food that contains all she needs to lay these eggs. If a hen doesn't receive the proper vitamins or minerals in her diet, she steals it from her own system.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy your flock and BYC!! :)

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif

I always wanted to go see the CO mountains.

As soon as I get my motorcycle licence I am taking a trip out there.

Until then I will just enjoy the WV mountains.

Anyway, great to have you join the flock.

MW

hi
im new here to but it is an awsome website.
i have six full grown hens in my backyard that all lay eggs and they are so fun.
thumbsup.gif
D.gif

bye

Back
Top Bottom