New here

Welcome to BYC! I'm not a turkey owner but go ahead and ask. Someone will be able to answer. If not, we can point you in the right direction. We have a forum for medical questions and I'm sure we have a turkey forum.
Thank you so much. Ok so one of my female turkey has a swollen foot. It just looks like one of her toes let say is supper swollen. She’s limping pretty bad with that foot and has been just laying in one spot for the most part. I don’t believe it’s bumble foot. I looked at it and it doesn’t look like there is anything stuck and she doesn’t have an open wound that I see of. So not sure what to do or how to help her.

Thank you so much. Ok so one of my female turkey has a swollen foot. It just looks like one of her toes let say is supper swollen. She’s limping pretty bad with that foot and has been just laying in one spot for the most part. I don’t believe it’s bumble foot. I looked at it and it doesn’t look like there is anything stuck and she doesn’t have an open wound that I see of. So not sure what to do or how to help her.
You'll have to catch her, maybe at night, so you can take a look and see if she's got an injury or if something's stuck in it.

If it's possible for you to soak her foot in warm Epsom salt water, that would sooth it for her and let you take a better look at what's wrong.

Can you take a picture of her foot, leg and hip area on that side?

I would follow the advice offered by @Debbie292d
If it doesn't resolve quickly, then post an emergency thread.

You'll have to catch her, maybe at night, so you can take a look and see if she's got an injury or if something's stuck in it.

If it's possible for you to soak her foot in warm Epsom salt water, that would sooth it for her and let you take a better look at what's wrong.
I have looked at her foot and haven’t seen anything but I’ll look again. Also will try to soak her foot. I’ve attached a pic of her poor foot.

Attachments

• IMG_8666.jpeg
    IMG_8666.jpeg
    814.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8667.jpeg
    IMG_8667.jpeg
    911.5 KB · Views: 3
I have looked at her foot and haven’t seen anything but I’ll look again. Also will try to soak her foot. I’ve attached a pic of her poor foot.
Does it feel hot to the touch?
If so she has an infection. Definitely soak it, look for any small holes or scratches. Put some Prid or another drawing salve on it and do that once or twice a day.

Does it feel hot to the touch?
If so she has an infection. Definitely soak it, look for any small holes or scratches. Put some Prid or another drawing salve on it and do that once or twice a day.
I agree 100% with this. It sure does look like it might be infected and PRID I've used on my own kids and it works wonders drawing out infection.

Back
Top Bottom