New Home.. Old Pig Pen.. I think.

pherbe

In the Brooder
May 7, 2017
Hey folks.. hoping piggie lovers and historians can help me out a bit. We bought a new house and it has a stone "barn.. or rather a run of stone stalls.. some with concrete floors, others dirt. One was closed off into a chicken cook, another what I assume is a storage or milking shed. The last stall was extended out with stone walls.. probably 10 by 50 feet. There seems to be what looks like a hog sliding hatch (Iron running vertical on the length of stone like you could pull a door up and down? Not sure exactly what they used for the door. I'd like to recreate some day. )

The thing I didn't really understand was that those same vertical iron things (looks like it would fit 2x4s were anchored into the wall about every 10 feet(see where the poles are?) But why would they stack pens like that where you'd have to walk through them all to get to the barn.... I am not looking at pigs right NOW ..b ut I might use that enclosure for something else in the meantime like goat kidding stalls next spring.. anyway. just curious if anyone had thoughts on how they mightve set this up.
20170519_091244.jpg

Back
Top Bottom