New homemade incubator build temperature issue.

ChickenButtsRanch

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2020
Central Florida
Ok, so I decided I needed to build a bigger incubator. After making the turner I realized I didn't leave room for the light bulbs. So I thought make a hot box under and allow the heat to rise into the box. I did a mock run using the same bulbs and box. I was able to hit temperature. So I went ahead with this idea. So two light holder bases with light bulbs inside a small cooler. A pipe connecting up to the incubator. I also put a fan at the base of the pipe connection blowing the heat out of the hot box. I cannot get the temperature past 86. Everything is well insulated and sealed. I was thinking the problem might be pressure related that I need a second connection to make the flow circular. I tried putting holes in my hot box thinking it needed more airflow but that just cools the air further so I sealed them back up. Any ideas how to get this to work or do I have to redesign my turner and get it all in the upper case.
JPEG_20220404_141401_9025546622715275598.jpg
JPEG_20220404_141435_1928692071560584013.jpg

Try increasing wattage size, or adding additional bulbs. Your picture leaves much to wonder about how your incu is made.
What capacity did you build this for?? #of eggs?
What will control temperature if it goes too high?
What about humidity control and source?

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom