New in Colorado

Thanks everyone! We have a variety of laying hens and have started raising bantams for 4-H. Getting ready to delve into incubating eggs now:)

Welcome to BYC! Ask any questions you may have and make yourself comfortable. If you need help about showing poultry through 4-H I can help. I've shown poultry through 4-H and FFA. For being the only student in my FFA chapter that has experience with poultry I get to teach how to show poultry so it wouldn't be a problem helping others out. Except I don't show chickens I show peafowl. I still had to know how to show all poultry.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Welcome to BYC! Ask any questions you may have and make yourself comfortable. If you need help about showing poultry through 4-H I can help. I've shown poultry through 4-H and FFA. For being the only student in my FFA chapter that has experience with poultry I get to teach how to show poultry so it wouldn't be a problem helping others out. Except I don't show chickens I show peafowl. I still had to know how to show all poultry.
That's great! We started showing last year, my kids are 9. We have a family of peafowl enthusiasts. We have 3 right now, but so far have never seen any at the fair. I didn't even know you could show peafowl in 4-H!

That's great! We started showing last year, my kids are 9. We have a family of peafowl enthusiasts. We have 3 right now, but so far have never seen any at the fair. I didn't even know you could show peafowl in 4-H!

Yep. I have 6 peafowl. 2 Indian Blues, 1 Spalding, 1 Black Shoulder, and 2 Whites. All of my peafowl I have tame for shows. It was I believe 8 years ago at the county fair someone showed an Emu.

Welcome from a fellow Coloradoan, I live in the City of Westminster, (between Denver and Boulder) The city just gave the okay to have chickens and bees on November 8th. So I'm building my coop over the winter. I've had chickens in the past but this is the first urban experience. The City of Westminster is offering a class for novice on January 11, 2016

Back
Top Bottom