New in Gainesville FL

drpeeps2014

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
De Leon Springs, FL
Hi from Gainesville, FL!
big_smile.png
I've been sneaking around for a while on the forums hoping somehow I could figure out how to hide a hen next to the pool at my significant other's house. Even considered keeping a hen in my apartment (people keep other birds in their houses right?
lol.png
). BUT, I just found out, I have to move out of my apartment anyway. I found a house to rent with a nice big back yard! Neighbors have chickens too! Boyfriend is very excited to build a coop and play with chicks! I'm very excited about fresh food!

About Me:
Sophomore Veterinary Student at UF
Have 1 dog, a collie mix named Skip
Had 2 flocks of 30-40 RIRs growing up (as well as horses)
Planning on getting a few EEs, a polish, BF wants a silkie, maybe a few RIRs, not sure what else?
I would like to get a few guineas and maybe a duck, but not sure neighbors would appreciate the noise
hmm.png

I want to try to get a hen or two in July to start out with so I don't have to wait for eggs with the chicks
If anyone will be selling chicks or hens in July/August anywhere around Gainesville to Orlando please let me know!

Samantha

Last edited:
frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. My DF is a vet & he was sooo glad to be out of vet school when he graduated, so I bet you probably can't wait either. We have guineas & ducks, plus all of our other animals, & they're great
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom