New in Wisconsin

Gnarled Carrots

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2016
Washington
Hello All!

I'm new to the site, but an avid chicken enthusiast. I had small flock of chickens in college: a Speckled Sussex, Golden Polish, Golden Wyandotte, and Belgian d'Anver that I absolutely adored. I've been living a fairly nomadic lifestyle since then, though, and haven't been able to settle into having chickens. However, the experience stuck with me and I've been looking forward to the day where having chickens is practical again! My partner and are are living on a farm in Wisconsin and are ready to get chickens this year. We're just waiting for the snow to melt so that we can begin construction on a coop and hopefully have chickens this spring (fingers crossed!).

We're not sure what breed we're going to do, but are likely going to look for some pullets or laying hens in the Southern Wisconsin area. We do know that we're going to build a cob chicken coop, though, so that will be something new and exciting!

Good luck and Welcome. You can pretty much get everything you need on this site. Lot of people with a bunch of information. It also allows you to connect with people local.
welcome-byc.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC. If you search for your state in the search box, i am sure that you will find a thread. Joining that thread will help put you in touch with members local to you - they will be a great resource for suggesting breeds and where to get them.

All the best and enjoy your chicken renaissance

CT

Hi and welcome to BYC. If you search for your state in the search box, i am sure that you will find a thread. Joining that thread will help put you in touch with members local to you - they will be a great resource for suggesting breeds and where to get them.

All the best and enjoy your chicken renaissance

CT
Thanks CTKen! That's really helpful. Living somewhere where it's both hot in the summer and cold in the winter, it'd be nice to pick up some tips about breeds!

Back
Top Bottom