New kids on the block

Dingo

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Somewhere near Springfield, Ma
TSC here finally got chicks in today, so of course some came home. They were supposed to be here last week but supposedly the hatchery thought chicks were illegal in Massachusetts. They had a bunch of light brahmas, cornish x's, RIR pullets, black jersey giants pullets, and pre-sold bantams. I've got 4 cornish x's, 1 RIR, 1 black jersey giant and 1 light brahma. The brahma has a bum eye, I think someone got hungry and thought the black shiny thing on her face was food. Hopefully she'll recover.
The RIR and BJG are for a friend although they will be staying with me.

The 4 week olds are enjoying watching their new neighbors too.

Thanks!
The brahma keeps itching her eye, I believe she' blind in it the eye looks opaque.
duc.gif

The others look good, eating like crazy and figured out the water.

About 3 weeks old now. Winky, the brahma with the eye injury, is still hanging in there. It's quite voracious and active. There have been some ups and downs but we're hoping s/he pulls through the eye issue. Red, the RIR is very outgoing. The meaties are getting huge. Gumbo the BJG is a bit reserved. Streaker needs to be sexed now that s/he's getting older. I'm thinking roo, but I know brahmas are like cochins and feather in slowly.
Streaker the brahma with the mark on it's head.

Red the RIR.

Gumbo the BJG

Thanks Alesia.
Here's Winky, showing off his/her good side. The band-aids are to protect the eye from scratching claws. What do you think, boy, girl?

Don't look, the bad eye made an appearance.

Back
Top Bottom