New Mama of 6 Chicks

TNGirl12345

In the Brooder
Sep 11, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My family has had chickens off and on for years, but these are the first ones that I've purchased myself.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6 new chicks (all hens)

(3) What breeds do you have? 2 Gold Laced Wyandottes, 2 Black Australorps, and 2 Crèvecoeurs

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I think it's so peaceful watching them roam around and, of course, the eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Hiking, camping, also recently got interested in bread making and learning to mill my own flour. Hoping to start learning more about gardening and canning as well.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have 4 goats, and the chickens right now, but over the years we've had rabbits, dogs, cats, horses, ducks and turkeys.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I don't remember exactly when I found BYC but it was through Google at some point when I was trying to find some chicken info. I finally decided to join after getting these 6 new babies.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My family has had chickens off and on for years, but these are the first ones that I've purchased myself.

(3) What breeds do you have? 2 Gold Laced Wyandottes, 2 Black Australorps, and 2 Crèvecoeurs

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I think it's so peaceful watching them roam around and, of course, the eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Hiking, camping, also recently got interested in bread making and learning to mill my own flour. Hoping to start learning more about gardening and canning as well.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have 4 goats, and the chickens right now, but over the years we've had rabbits, dogs, cats, horses, ducks and turkeys.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :DI don't remember exactly when I found BYC but it was through Google at some point when I was trying to find some chicken info. I finally decided to join after getting these 6 new babies.
Welcome to BYC TNGirl12345!
I love this site! Lots of info very useful info here.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :DI don't remember exactly when I found BYC but it was through Google at some point when I was trying to find some chicken info. I finally decided to join after getting these 6 new babies.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom