New Member <3 :D

KariBunny

Songster
7 Years
Sep 8, 2016
Terrell TX
Hi, My name is Kari :) Nice too Meet you everyone! I Just Moved from Dallas TX to Terrell TX and the past weekend, I bought a Bantam Rooster and a Chicken and a Pair of Pekins, I would like to learn so much about them!
Tnak you & God Bless!! :D

Welcome to Backyard chickens Karibunny!! I hope you enjoy it and the camaraderie here and everybody that goes nuts over chickens (me being one of them....) Have fun! And ask questions! You might like to check out the duck page if you have pekins!

frow.gif
Hello Kari, so glad you decided to join us.

Good luck with your new flock.

In regards to roosters laying eggs I have one that has laid eggs on a continuous basis. Not every day but it does lay I've isolated it so I know it's laying I have him her and I had a hand and that's all I have. The eggs vary in sizes. They contain no yolk so far. But they are fertile. So to those non-believers that a rooster can lay or can't lay. You are wrong. To those who have these rare rare rare chickens they're worth a lot of money.

In regards to roosters laying eggs I have one that has laid eggs on a continuous basis. Not every day but it does lay I've isolated it so I know it's laying I have him her and I had a hand and that's all I have. The eggs vary in sizes. They contain no yolk so far. But they are fertile. So to those non-believers that a rooster can lay or can't lay. You are wrong. To those who have these rare rare rare chickens they're worth a lot of money.

Lol. Roosters don't lay. Scientific fact. Same way a man can't become pregnant. However, hens with hormone imbalances, often caused by damage, cancer, or infection of the ovary, (the same issues which can easily cause eggs of unnatural sizes, shapes, or consistencies - e.g. lacking a yolk) may crow, develop male feathers, a masculine comb and wattle, and even mount other hens. They are not roosters - they are hens. They simply appear to be roosters. Acting or appearing to be a rooster is not the same thing as being a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom