New member from Cedar Rapids Iowa

mikealicia

In the Brooder
May 8, 2015
CR, Iowa
Hello all. Our family has just gotten into chickens at the beginning of May. We started with 6 chicks, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Black Sex Link, and 2 Americanas. Unfortunately we have lost our Black Australorp due to leaving them out on accident and our puppy got ahold of her. Anyways we love having the chickens and can't wait for them to get to the egg laying stage.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC,

I'm sorry for you loss. Usually dogs plus chickens equals trouble for the chicken, I hope he can't get close to the rest of them.

You should get plenty of eggs once the girls are old enough, especially from the Black Sex Link.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

It's nice to have you here.

Welcome to BYC,

I'm sorry for you loss. Usually dogs plus chickens equals trouble for the chicken, I hope he can't get close to the rest of them.

You should get plenty of eggs once the girls are old enough, especially from the Black Sex Link.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

It's nice to have you here.
X2 So sorry about your loss, but lessons like this are hard to accept. Just make sure you secure and separate your pets and make sure you have predator proofed their home.

Glad you have joined us, welcome to BYC.

Thanks for the welcomes. Also thank you to the two who posted more than a welcome message. I appreciate that and yes, lessons like that sometime have to be learned the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom