New member from NC

NCchickKJM

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2016
NC
Hi Everyone! I thought it was time for me to join the BYC forum family. I am very new to keeping backyard chicks and would NOT have made it this far without the unbelievably helpful info on this site which I have only referenced about a thousand times in the last two months. So thanks to all of you who have shared your experiences, your lessons learned, your marvelous ideas and your love of chickens.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My sister and I got our chickens at the end of March when they were about two weeks old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have six chickens and that's all we intend to have and built our coop to accommodate.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have 1 white leghorn (Blossom), 1 Rhode Island Red (Louise), 1 Golden Comet (Lovey), 1 Easter Egger (Jewel) and 2 Barred Rocks (Janie and Bessie). They are all adorable and very tame.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
My first question on the Internet took me right to this site and I haven't looked back!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My sister likes to play bridge and I like to read. We love to be with our inside pets and to have coffee with our chickens. My sister and I live together. We share the same love for animals and now the same love of being backyard chicken farmers. I told her when I started looking on the Internet "we have a hobby"....we didn't know it was a hobby so we got a chuckle out of that. Come to find out (fast) is it a very popular hobby! I am 60 yrs. old and my sister is 80 yrs old so we are not young chicks ourselves :)

Regards from the foothills of NC, Kathryn and Phyllis

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Chicken keeping is a wonderful, wonderful hobby. I also enjoy having coffee with my flock and sometimes a glass of wine in the evenings, now the days are getting so long. They're out ranging until late evening now!

Hi :welcome Kathryn & Phyllis

Glad you could join us here! What wonderful news that you have started your chicken adventures :clap I'm sure you will both enjoy them very much. They sure are lots of fun and very rewarding to keep. It seems coffee and chickens go hand in hand as I like to sit out with mine too. They are great listeners!!

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom