New member from NE Minnesota

tbishop

Songster
9 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Good morning everyone. My name is Tim. I am a new member here and just starting with poultry as we moved onto 5 acres late last summer. I have been planning what I wanted to do for 10 years (literally) and am jumping head first into things. Last weekend I purchased a small flock of 5 month barred rocks (9 hens, 1 roo) and 20 week-old chicks. I've also ordered 25 chanteclers for April. 6 Pilgrim geese for whenever they hatch, and turkeys- Narragansett and heritage crosses for June. I'm setting up the egg laying chickens in a 30X30 pen with a nice little shed in the middle. The turkeys and geese are going in hoop house tractors- turkeys in our oak woods and geese in the field next to ours. The extra roos (and possibly some cornish cross) will be in a small tractor until the time comes. We have people asking us about eggs already, but I don't want to count my eggs until they are laid. Thanks for having me.

Tim B.

Greetings from Kansas, Tim, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock! Sounds like you are getting into chickens in a big way!! I think the breeds you chose you good ones for you cold climate. I'm getting into turkeys myself this spring. Make sure you visit the turkey link below - have fun and good luck!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/20/turkeys

Welcome Tim. I am also in Minnesota south of St. Cloud :) We are getting our chicks this weekend. I have learned so much here, I feel very prepared

Back
Top Bottom