New Member from NM

BCL23

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2024
Hello. I'm a new member to the community and look forward to being here to learn more about my chickens. I started with chickens last year and have 8 and I have added 10 new chicks to my backyard this spring. We will be giving three away to my neighbor who is right now building her coop.

We have a wide range of breeds: 1-year olds - Buff Orpington's (2), Easter Eggers (3), Golden Sex links (2), Andalusian (1). For the chicks we think we have Barred Rock, Lavender Orpington, Dominique, Cuckoo Maren, and Speckled Sussex.

There is so much to learn in this community. I had no idea what I was getting myself into with getting chickens. My husband grew up around ranch animals and I grew up in the city with pets. He was so surprised when I started naming all of them and holding them as my pets :) lol. We both have a lot to learn from each other on our approach.

I will be making a new post about our chicks. I know nothing about the new breeds and I'm not sure we received what we were told we were getting. The life of getting chicks from Big R and TS. But whatever we have we will be happy!

That's it for now. Thank you in advance for all of the chicken knowledge on this site. I have so much to continue learning about my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom