new member from Northern California

lmrickert

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2015
Northern California
After being asked repeatedly by our three year old daughter, we finally went and got 6 chicks: 2 black stars, 1 red start, 1 Delaware, 1 rhode island red and 1 barred rock. Having raised chickens growing up, both my husband and I feel confident about teaching our daughter but it still makes me a little paranoid worrying about the little chicks depending on me lol. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a beautiful experience for all of us

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Congratulations on your new chicks! You have some excellent breeds that should lay very well for you.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

It is natural to be a bit worried about your babies since they all do rely on you. I have raised lots of broods of chicks and I still get up in the middle of the night and check on them, worry over them and constantly look into the brooder at them. LOL

Enjoy your new babies and welcome to our flock!

I think the worst part of my little chick paranoia is that I know if anything happened to them my daughter would be so upset. And having a devastating three year is not on my list of things to do today lol So I am trying to do everything possible to make sure that they are healthy

Back
Top Bottom