New member from Ohio :)

CSYohman

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 8, 2012
Hello all! I have always wanted to raise chickens, so when my son caught one and wanted to bring it home after a contest at our local Sportsman's Festival, I didn't hesitate. The property we bought about a year ago had some alpaca barns on it, one of which we converted into a coop. Just yesterday we acquired 8 more after a friend of ours house was foreclosed on and was forced to move into an apartment....needing a place for his chickens. The first hen is an older chicken and no longer lays, but we enjoyed her and thought she needed some "chicken friends". The new 8 however are all laying hens....so while I've done ALOT of reading, it's new to me.

Any advice?

Greetings from Kansas, CSYohman, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here! Wow! What a crash course into poultry ownership! Advice....well, sounds like you have a place to coop them. Make sure it's predator proof. Always provide fresh water and the appropriate feed. Best advice...peruse BYC and ask lots of questions! Good luck to you!

Welcome from a fellow Ohioan!

Sounds like you've got a nice setup going. It's a good idea to have more than one chicken, they are social animals, so adding the new girls was great. You'll find a lot of great information and friendly people here who are willing to help you with any questions you may have.

welcome-byc.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom