New member from the beautiful Ozarks of Southern Missouri!!!

I Love the Ozark Mountains....
Welcome to Back Yard Chickens !
cool.png

welcome-byc.gif

I've been to your part of the country a few times and it is beautiful. Sounds like you have a nice set up there.

In addition to all the chicken info here, there are some fun/informational threads you may enjoy like the canning one:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/78434/what-are-you-canning-now/10610

Or the home bakers one:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/921333/any-home-bakers-here

And there is a diy/self-sufficiency one you may be interested in:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16177/diy-self-sufficiency

Make yourself at home, it's nice to have you here!

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcomes. I must apologize that it's taken me so long, but
here's a few photos of my place as I had promised to Michael.

Sunrise looking out over the front of my property. This is also my avatar.

The view from my front porch one day this Spring.

Looking down our dirt & gravel county road to the south.

Looking up the same road to the north.

My 3 horses, Willow, Cruiser & Tater, in the north pasture.

You can barely see the spring-fed pond in the south pasture...and my closest neighbor just beyond - the only one I can see.

The view from my back porch across the small paddock to the horses' barn. My large vegetable garden is out of frame to the right & the shed that I'm converting to the chicken coop is just out of frame to the left.

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcomes. I must apologize that it's taken me so long, but
here's a few photos of my place as I had promised to Michael.

Sunrise looking out over the front of my property. This is also my avatar.

The view from my front porch one day this Spring.

Looking down our dirt & gravel county road to the south.

Looking up the same road to the north.

My 3 horses, Willow, Cruiser & Tater, in the north pasture.

You can barely see the spring-fed pond in the south pasture...and my closest neighbor just beyond - the only one I can see.

The view from my back porch across the small paddock to the horses' barn. My large vegetable garden is out of frame to the right & the shed that I'm converting to the chicken coop is just out of frame to the left.

You're welcome, and thanks for posting the photos of your place. It's beautiful there and I'm sure you're enjoying it as much as we're enjoying our new farm in Montana. :eek:)

You're welcome, and thanks for posting the photos of your place. It's beautiful there and I'm sure you're enjoying it as much as we're enjoying our new farm in Montana. :eek:)
Mmmmmm....Montana. Ever since I saw the movie, "My Cousin Vinny" which was filmed, at least in part, in the Missoula area, I swore up & down that I wanted to move to Montana. My desire to move West was only compounded when I made two trips from my then-home in Pennsylvania to visit friends in Fargo, ND. Absolutely, LOVE it in North & South Dakota...all that open space & sky, sky, sky, sky, sky!! Trouble is, I am NOT a winter person and, well, being in Montana you know what winters up there are like! The thought of an average HIGH of 5 degrees...and those interminably LOOOOOOOONG winters...just broke my resolve to move there.

@OzarkEgghead what a beautiful place you have. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Back
Top Bottom