New member from the California farmlands

Jul 28, 2017
Hi. I'm a new member to Backyard Chickens. I have been raising and hatching chickens since I could crawl. As a kid I would stuff them in my jackets and watch a tv show with my favorite pullet or cockerel. I would also sneak them past my mom and do my homework with a chicken (or bantam) perched happily on my shoulder. I now hatch mix breed chickens (because I love the excitement of finding out what my chicken will look like) and crele old English game bantams. I take my bantams to fair and my pure bred chickens as well. I have joined because I kept visiting the site whenever I had a chicken problem. After awhile I figure it was time to join since I spent so much time on the site. I look forward to deepening my poultry knowledge.

Hi. I'm a new member to Backyard Chickens. I have been raising and hatching chickens since I could crawl. As a kid I would stuff them in my jackets and watch a tv show with my favorite pullet or cockerel. I would also sneak them past my mom and do my homework with a chicken (or bantam) perched happily on my shoulder. I now hatch mix breed chickens (because I love the excitement of finding out what my chicken will look like) and crele old English game bantams. I take my bantams to fair and my pure bred chickens as well. I have joined because I kept visiting the site whenever I had a chicken problem. After awhile I figure it was time to join since I spent so much time on the site. I look forward to deepening my poultry knowledge.

Sounds like you might be able to "deepen" our knowledge, lol. Welcome, welcome. So glad you joined our family table!

Welcome! Im in California, too...san diego...& hav only had chickens for a year now. But like u, i enjoy the excitement of seeing what my mixbreed eggs produce. I'd luv to know what breeds u hav and see any pix u r willing to share of ur hatchlings. Also, is there a certain mix of breeds or traits u r trying to achieve?

:welcome well ifin you got the fine art of coop cleaning down you know more than me. There has got to be an easier way than building a new coop every time the coop needs cleaning idunno.gif .:lau

Lol. I ve learned a few tricks, but probably nothing u dont already know. It took me almost 3 months to build my coop, so i hav no plans to build a new one anytime soon. (Thatz not to say i wont be expanding the one i ve got tho, cuz i already realize i want to go BIGGER!)

Welcome aboard! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Back
Top Bottom