New member from Victoria, Australia

SoftBoiled

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 26, 2013
Victoria, Australia
I just hatched my first chicken a couple of weeks ago, and this forum was most helpful during that process, so I decided to join.

I started with 4 Pekin hens just to assist with the bug population, but at the end of the first year, through various misadventures only one lived. Some friends then gave me 3 hens that were eating eggs - not their own, just other chook's. I don't know what breed - I just refer to them as the Tyrannosaurus Rex since they run around like miniature dinosaurs. So now I have Cinderella and the 3 ugly stepsisters.

It was one of the TRex that went broody, so I got some fertile eggs from a friend who has roosters. Only one hatched, now just referred to as "The Peep" but growing at an alarming pace and very precocious. The Peep wasn't nearly this sassy whilst still an egg.

Now I'm thinking I should move further out of town so that I can have more than the Council limit of 5 chooks (which includes The Peep).

Anyway, that's all I can think of that might be interesting.

S.Boiled

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
The Peep, I like that!

Thank you everybirdy, for such a warm welcome. The Peep is beginning to feather out and will be blonde. I hope it is not really noticed that there are no other blondes in the little flock. I can deal with blonde so long as it doesn't crow! SoftB

Back
Top Bottom