New member from Washington State

Atillas Roost

Chirping
8 Years
May 9, 2016
Hey folks!
I started my backyard flock last year with a Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte, a SexLink, a Partridge Plymouth Rock, and a Speckled Sussex. I've since lost the Sussex to Marek's, and the BLRW turned out to be a roo! We're fighting the city to keep the roo. Hopefully we can stall long enough to get him out to our property. Any one here out in Issaquah keeping chickens?

I don't think anyone with chickens would want to take in a bird- that was exposed to Marek's and probably a carrier. But, that is only my opinion. You will reach many more people if you post on your state thread. Just put "Washington" thread in the search box and it should come up. It's a very busy, fast moving thread, so just jump in and hang on.

Hi and welcome!!!
I'm from the great Pacific Northwest as well!!!
Graham, Washington.
I'm new to BYC and have started my flock with only three. I hope you can get your roo out to your property. This is a great group of people here and I have enjoyed the plethora of information I've received.
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Hi and welcome!!!
I'm from the great Pacific Northwest as well!!!
Graham, Washington.
I'm new to BYC and have started my flock with only three. I hope you can get your roo out to your property. This is a great group of people here and I have enjoyed the plethora of information I've received.
1f60a.png

Thanks Flychick. I'm up in Issaquah where they seem to have forgotten where they came from. They love their abandoned roosters, and memorialize them, but frown on ones that are kept responsibly. Go figure!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom