New Member Hello! :)

disldofarm

In the Brooder
Nov 2, 2022
Northern Wisconsin
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Newish! I got my first chickens in April 2021. I added 13 more flock members this year. I did have Guineas growing up as well!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Currently 19 hens and a rooster

(3) What breeds do you have?

Barred Rocks, Blue Plymouth, a mix of Easter Eggers, Appenzeller Spitzhauben (they were an oops mix up from a feed store), Maran, Black Sex Link, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Australorp (Rooster) and a couple of unknowns

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

All of it? I love fresh eggs. I love seeing their personalities. I love watching them interact with each other and me.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Photography, gardening, canning, cooking, and farm life in general. I also love traveling and nature.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have been married for 14 years. We live in the Northwoods UP of Michigan/Wisconsin. We just bought an old farm with 30 acres in the spring of 2021. It needs a lot of work so we have been trying to make the house liveable and also clean up the yard. Besides the chickens, we have two Pomeranian dogs (Tank-13 and Willow-3), one cat (Georgie-8), and three horses (Breeze-26, Winnie the mini-17, and Maze-11). We had a bull that we sold to a neighbor and we had some turkeys that we harvested this fall. I am lucky to work from home for a telecommunication company.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was googling looking for chicken breed IDs and this site came up. I have referenced answers from this site before, so finally decided I'm done wonder what the heck breeds I have :)

Absolutely. They tend to wander so here are some pictures of groups of them.
5812765B-FABD-41A7-91AC-4B2D80FAFF58.jpeg
F4572AB6-0DA7-4F1C-A3C5-4B29F47F33E8.jpeg
55710B16-4589-4ECF-82E5-B1C3EAB2FA6E.jpeg
583D0029-4417-47E5-9AFC-BB30C8B85431.jpeg

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Newish! I got my first chickens in April 2021. I added 13 more flock members this year. I did have Guineas growing up as well!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Currently 19 hens and a rooster

(3) What breeds do you have?
Barred Rocks, Blue Plymouth, a mix of Easter Eggers, Appenzeller Spitzhauben (they were an oops mix up from a feed store), Maran, Black Sex Link, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Australorp (Rooster) and a couple of unknowns

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
All of it? I love fresh eggs. I love seeing their personalities. I love watching them interact with each other and me.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Photography, gardening, canning, cooking, and farm life in general. I also love traveling and nature.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I have been married for 14 years. We live in the Northwoods UP of Michigan/Wisconsin. We just bought an old farm with 30 acres in the spring of 2021. It needs a lot of work so we have been trying to make the house liveable and also clean up the yard. Besides the chickens, we have two Pomeranian dogs (Tank-13 and Willow-3), one cat (Georgie-8), and three horses (Breeze-26, Winnie the mini-17, and Maze-11). We had a bull that we sold to a neighbor and we had some turkeys that we harvested this fall. I am lucky to work from home for a telecommunication company.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :DI was googling looking for chicken breed IDs and this site came up. I have referenced answers from this site before, so finally decided I'm done wonder what the heck breeds I have :)
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom