New member...hi!

parrishj

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
My husband and I just bought our first set of 8 chicks in February. We were only hoping for hens and so far we have 7 pullets and 1 rooster. We have 2 ISA Browns pullets (my favorite), one Barred Rock Pullet and a Barred Rock Cockerel. We also have 4 Light Brahmas (pullets we think). So far the Isa Browns are producing an egg almost every day and the barred rock produces an egg every three days. Sadly, I had to eliminate our cockerel Roger because he started going after our kids who are 4 and 6 and we desperately tried to get rid of him but with no success. We now just have the 7 girls (we think) and are enjoying the educational aspects of chicken life so we can have happy, healthy hens.

Our coop

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Looks like you have a nice little flock, sorry your roo didn't work out.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sorry about the roo. They can turn bad sometimes.

Enjoy your new flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Sorry you had to get rid of your cockerel, but it's not uncommon for them to become aggressive. I've had to cull a number of them out of my flock in the past and currently I have only hens (25 of them). Isa Browns are one of many labels used by some hatcheries for their Red Sex Links, and they are egg laying machines. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom