new member in Bakersfield, CA

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

LOL teenagers sure are changing our moods quickly! Hopefully your chickens aren't like that!

welcome-byc.gif

[COLOR=333333]Hello there and welcome to BYC! [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]:frow [/COLOR]

So glad you could join our community!

Did you find our quail section? :) Lots of quail keepers there. I keep Bobwhites as well as chickens. Fun little birds to keep, quail are. 

Make yourself at home here and ask any questions you may have. Welcome to our roost!

Thank you all for your welcome! I'm still learning to navigate the site and am better at raising animals than figuring out computer stuff, so bear with me please.lol We bought our incubator yesterday since the quails gave us an egg in hopes now production will begin daily:)

Ducks are messy.I only have 2 females and a drake. They are mallards. We have them in a temporary pen right now. They seem very happy because they have a pool, their food, water and plenty if space for nesting and making a lot of mud which they do best. The girls lay an egg a day each, which we're satisfied with bc the eggs are large and there's only the 2 of us.we had trouble keeping their water mud free and a normal fowl waterer wasn't working even after we hung it as ut would clog. So we bought a large heavy duty rectangle pan from the feed store,and set it up with an automatic fill pump. Now they are receiving water automatically daily, albeit, still muddy bc a duck is a duck, I guess:)

Back
Top Bottom