New Member Intro! Hello Everyone!

CoffeeAndHens

Chirping
May 8, 2023
Howdy everyone! The name's John, any pronouns are fine!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I've been keeping chickens for 3 years now! It started as a covid project in 2020 and quickly grew into a hobby

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

49! With most of them currently named as well!

(3) What breeds do you have?

All kinds! Some highlights and favorites: Buff Orpington, buff Cochin, Appenzeller Spitzhauben (most likely), silkies, turken, Americanas, and a mouthy guinea fowl! On top of many more

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Their darling personalities! My chickens are basically pets, and they are such wonderful and understanding animals

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I draw and play two instruments!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have two barn cats, Skippy and Rusty, who are wonderful with my chickens. I also have a horse and a pony!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've actually known about the site since 2020! But never made a profile as I'm a pretty shy person, I thought I'd never post on it

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. Wow, that's a lot of chicken math, in a short period of time. Are you hatching your own? If so, using a broody hen or a Bator? You must have some interesting stories to tell with all those birds! I would love to hear some of them, please.
We have a lot of musical people here also, I think there is also a musician's thread.
Look around and find a thread that interests you and jump into it, let the fun begin. :cool::wee

I've been keeping chickens for 3 years now! It started as a covid project in 2020 and quickly grew into a hobby

All kinds! Some highlights and favorites: Buff Orpington, buff Cochin, Appenzeller Spitzhauben (most likely), silkies, turken, Americanas, and a mouthy guinea fowl! On top of many more

Their darling personalities! My chickens are basically pets, and they are such wonderful and understanding animals

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have two barn cats, Skippy and Rusty, who are wonderful with my chickens. I also have a horse and a pony!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've actually known about the site since 2020! But never made a profile as I'm a pretty shy person, I thought I'd never post on it
Welcome to BYC!!

Welcome, John!

I like your username, I'm sipping coffee right now.

Where are you located? When you have questions it helps if others have at least a general idea of your home climate.

Can we see your coop? Run? Do you free range?

Pictures!?!?!?!?! We love pictures!

:caf

Back
Top Bottom