New Member Intro - Hello everyone!

Birdo19

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2023
Hello,

My partner and I have a homestead in Indiana. I’ll start with answering the new member questions!
  1. Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We are not new to chickens, we have had a flock for over 3 years now. We also have Guinea fowl.
  2. How many chickens do you have right now? 15 chickens and 1 Guinea fowl
  3. What breeds do you have? So many! Buff Orpington, Smokey pearl, Americauna, Speckled Sussex, leghorn, olive egger, cuckoo maran. I also can’t forget the Guinea fowl
  4. What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love watching them and learning about them. They also provide us with beautiful, tasty eggs.
  5. What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, beekeeping, reading, music
  6. Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. It is just my partner and I, no children (yet). We have an indoor cat. I am a nurse and my partner is an engineer. Homesteading is a hobby of ours.
  7. Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? We have been following this page ever since we decided to get a flock of our own. I’ve learned a lot from this website and I’m surprised it took me this long to join!

Hello,

My partner and I have a homestead in Indiana. I’ll start with answering the new member questions!
  1. Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We are not new to chickens, we have had a flock for over 3 years now. We also have Guinea fowl.
  2. How many chickens do you have right now? 15 chickens and 1 Guinea fowl
  3. What breeds do you have? So many! Buff Orpington, Smokey pearl, Americauna, Speckled Sussex, leghorn, olive egger, cuckoo maran. I also can’t forget the Guinea fowl
  4. What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love watching them and learning about them. They also provide us with beautiful, tasty eggs.
  5. What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, beekeeping, reading, music
  6. Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. It is just my partner and I, no children (yet). We have an indoor cat. I am a nurse and my partner is an engineer. Homesteading is a hobby of ours.
  7. Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? We have been following this page ever since we decided to get a flock of our own. I’ve learned a lot from this website and I’m surprised it took me this long to join!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom