new member intro

smudgetool

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2015
Where in the heck is Felton, CA?
Hi,

My name is Timm and I live in Felton, CA (in the Santa Cruz mountains). Although I've lived at my place for over 5 years, I've decided it's time to finish the chicken coop that the previous tenant started. My day-old chicks arrive in a couple of weeks from Mountain Feed in Ben Lomond. I am so excited. The breeds i've selected are:

Dominique
Australorp
Buff Orpington
Amercauna

I figure that four is a good start and will be quite a handful for a beginner. This site is an amazing resource. THANKS TO ALL!

best regards,
timm

Nice to meet your Timm, and Welcome to Backyard chickens. You picked some nice breeds. You may want to visit the Learning Center, it's a great place to start.

Welcome to BYC, Timm. Glad you decided join our flock. You have some wonderful breeds. Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello Timm,

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family.

Hello Timm, and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

You've selected some nice breeds! They all should be very good layers and have good temperaments, too.

Back
Top Bottom