New Member; introduction

Aw-Ee Chicken

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2015
Crivitz, Wisconsin
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We first got chickens last October, after we built the coop and yard.
smile.png

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
About 45.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Leghorns, White Rocks, and a black-feathered breed I can't remember.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I had a question about a turkey and BackYardChickens.com was an option, and I clicked it.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, farming, singing, cooking...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live on a dairy farm in northeast WI and have cows, pigs, chickens, a turkey, cats, and a dog. My family has 13 people, so everything runs smooth. My life revolves around the cows, chickens, and turkey, so the website is the perfect place to talk about them! (I'm the only poultry-crazy) So I hope to hear from a lot of you guys!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very good and thorough introduction. :eek:) If you would like to post some pics of your black feathered bird, we should be able to ID it for you. If you haven't done so already, definitely our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

You may have a Black Australorp. If you post photos here or at "what breed or gender is this." Someone will be able to ID for you.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm so excited about this website!
ya.gif

This is the unknown black breed of mine. Does anyone know what she is? Thanks. :)
You're welcome. Your unknown bird is a Black Australorp hen. Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. :eek:)

Thank you guys, :) Hope to keep you guys busy with my questions, ha ha!
That's cool! One only sits by me.
yippiechickie.gif

The Barred Rock and the Black Australorp are my favorites. I appreciate it for your identifying them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom