New Member - Jacksonville Florida

hkeibard

Songster
Oct 13, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
Hi All!

First, let me say a big THANKS to all posters on this forum. I've been reading up here for a good while now and it's with the postings from everyone here (even the ones detailing sad outcomes) that has given me the encouragement/gumption I needed to order my first batch of chicks that will be arriving at the end of this month.

I'll be posting in the coop design forum later today seeking review and advice of the set up I am preparing. The coop itself was already built on the property we bought here in Northeast Florida. It's more of an open air design (Florida!) so I have some uncertainty about a few matters on the coop. Any wisdom or advice that can be provided would be appreciated.

I appreciate you all so much already!

Hi All!

First, let me say a big THANKS to all posters on this forum. I've been reading up here for a good while now and it's with the postings from everyone here (even the ones detailing sad outcomes) that has given me the encouragement/gumption I needed to order my first batch of chicks that will be arriving at the end of this month.

I'll be posting in the coop design forum later today seeking review and advice of the set up I am preparing. The coop itself was already built on the property we bought here in Northeast Florida. It's more of an open air design (Florida!) so I have some uncertainty about a few matters on the coop. Any wisdom or advice that can be provided would be appreciated.

I appreciate you all so much already!
:welcome

Florida, I may suggest predator protection, (And lot's of it!)
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Welcome to BYC ! I have been to your town. I liked it well not in the city but around the St. Johns river . Did I spell that correct :idunno?

Yes you did. I was in the city but though I'm still in Duval County, I'm on the southwestern part now where there is less development and lots of farms still (though it's changing fast enough).
I've met a lot of fine folks from Ohio here.

Back
Top Bottom