New Member - Love this Forum!!

welcome-byc.gif

You will find alot of good information here as well as answers to most of your questions.
Welcome aboard.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Hey Sequin! love my Akita too. He was a pound rescue. I got him when I needed an outside dog due to a break-in in my garage & dobermans can't stand the cold. He is sweet, obedient, loves kids, catches racoons & possum, but.......loves chicken dinners
hmm.png
My doberman is great at chasing away predators without ever bothering a chicken but princess doesn't like to be outside when it is below 50 degrees. Hopefully the Great Pyr will fill my need for a livestock guardian able to withstand cold weather. I will try to post pics of some of my crew.
18105_ace.jpg
18105_ace_boz_001.jpg
18105_cybil_018.jpg
18105_cybil_025.jpg
18105_cybil_oliver_014.jpg
18105_the_girls.jpg
18105_roosters_007.jpg

Ooo - your akita is really quite handsome!! I wonder where he came from - because he actually has a pretty nice head and from what I can see front and topline... Sorry, I show my dogs and so I look for these things automatically when I see an Akita. He looks great, and so nice to hear he has such a wonderful temperment. That is another thing that makes me think he originally came from a breeder who was concerned with those types of things. I wonder how he ended up in rescue?! Thank you for adopting him. And thanks too for sharing pictures of your crew - all your animals look so happy and beautiful. And your pyr puppy is just too adorable for words!!!

Here are a couple shots of my akitas:
Scotch:
somenationalandscotchtoo024.jpg

Sequin:
Summerfun08031.jpg

Flyer:
nationalfunsaylor55months111307041.jpg

Saylor:
saylorandflyer102307027.jpg

Sequin, your Akitas are toooo beautiful!!! I have really fallen for the breed since owning him. I was surprised you have the "pinto" colored too. I so rarely see that kind. It makes him that much more special to me. I also love the fact he really doesn't bark. It made him more neighbor friendly when I lived in the suburbs. I rarely hear him barking & have come to know if he is barking I better go look because there is something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom