NEW MEMBER, NEEDS URGENT ADVICE ON SPOOKED/iINJURED HEN!!

G’Day from down under annk1839
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received some great advice, I just wanted to add that I hope your little girl is OK and it is just a case of shock from which she recovers.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

If she appears to be in shock, I would put her in a warm,quiet, darkened crate- which will help her settle down. If she seems better next morning you could offer (not force) scrambled eggs,, or warm oatmeal, maybe a bit of sugar in water to encourage drinking. You can also spend some time talking to her and just adding your presence, to help her realize she is safe and home.

She seems a bit better, she seems to be separating herself from the other two.. or I don't know if it's that's he can't get back up The ramp to the nesting box at night time??

She seems a bit better, she seems to be separating herself from the other two.. or I don't know if it's that's he can't get back up The ramp to the nesting box at night time??

She could still be nervous about going back into the routine. You can try setting her on the roost and she what she does. If she can balance herself that's a good sign. Watch her get down as well. It's not exactly graceful but if she "gets down" and doesn't "fall down" then she should be ok. You could set her to roost at night and leave her there. It make take a few times but she should go back to it.

I had a small raccoon get into my coop. No one was hurt but the commotion of getting the little bandit out gave one of my girls ptsd. She would go in and out of the coop for food and water all day, then lay her egg in the dirt and refuse to go to roost at night. I had to bring her in and set her for several days before she went back to doing it herself.

I put her in to roost last night, and she stayed overnight.. then when I see this evening she hadn't gone up I didn't want to force her so I got fresh bedding and straw to make her comfortable where she is! Tomorrow evening I will put her up to roost with the others.

She is laying down and able to get up relatively easy but is hesitant about laying down!

I had to work all day so didn't get to really watch what she has eaten!
I have left the coop door closed aswel? I usually let them roam free!

She has been with them, all day yesterday and today. I Havnt seen any signs of them picking on her. Would they be clearly pecking at her and physically hurting her?

Hen is doing better over the last few days.. she's walking out and about the coop again! She isn't fluffing up her feathers, I'm guessing she must be sore! She's eating and drinking and doing well in general! Much better then when I first got her back!

Back
Top Bottom