New member to homesteading and backyard chickens

Bladester

Chirping
Aug 7, 2022
South Eastern Pennsylvania
Hello All:

I am a new member to homesteading and backyard chickens; living in Eastern PA. I bought my first set of chicks in June and received them on August 16th 2022. I have a total of 6 chickens; 2 WHITE Rocks, 2 Rhode Island REDs, and 2 BLACK Australorps. I built a 6 x 6 foot coop and a 6 x 8 foot run for them. I named them all; Eggnog, Magic, Paprika, George, Bart and Maple. They are friendly enough that they come to me and jump on to my lap or shoulder. I enjoy them a lot and hopefully I start seeing eggs by the end of November. I am really enjoying the community. Thanks!

I am attaching some photos of the Coop and Run.

Cheers,
Bladester

Attachments

• Coop - Inside Main Door View Food.jpg
    Coop - Inside Main Door View Food.jpg
    642.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Coop - Inside Main Door View.jpg
    Coop - Inside Main Door View.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Nesting Box for Coop.jpg
    Nesting Box for Coop.jpg
    965.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Run In Doorway - Swingsets.jpg
    Run In Doorway - Swingsets.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • Run In Doorway Right.jpg
    Run In Doorway Right.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • Run Straight.jpg
    Run Straight.jpg
    947.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Run Under Coop.jpg
    Run Under Coop.jpg
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Side of Coop - Door Side.jpg
    Side of Coop - Door Side.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hello All:

I am a new member to homesteading and backyard chickens; living in Eastern PA. I bought my first set of chicks in June and received them on August 16th 2022. I have a total of 6 chickens; 2 WHITE Rocks, 2 Rhode Island REDs, and 2 BLACK Australorps. I built a 6 x 6 foot coop and a 6 x 8 foot run for them. I named them all; Eggnog, Magic, Paprika, George, Bart and Maple. They are friendly enough that they come to me and jump on to my lap or shoulder. I enjoy them a lot and hopefully I start seeing eggs by the end of November. I am really enjoying the community. Thanks!

Cheers,
Bladester
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom