mattholmes13

Hatching
Oct 23, 2015
Good Day All,
I just found this site and find it fascinating. We will soon be moving into a new home with five acres and look forward to having chickens of our own. We have five growing boys (10, 8, 6, 3 & 3) who I think will love raising chickens. We look forward to all we can learn here.

welcome-byc.gif

Looks like you will have lots of help raising your chickens.
big_smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Our children and granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loved our chickens and made lap pets of the calmer and more gentle breeds. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

I am immersed in the learning center. Everything is just so fascinating. We have had friends from church raise chickens and give us eggs because we have five growing boys who love eggs. My 8 year old eats 4-5 eggs every morning!! Thank you for the encouragement. Look forward to learning all we can.

Welcome....I'm a brand new member as well. I've gained a lot of knowledge from this forum but never joined until today. We've had hens for about 4 years now and have enjoyed the fresh eggs as well as just watching the girls scratch around everyday. :) I'm sure your boys would thoroughly enjoy having their own hens to watch and help gather eggs. I know our grandchildren sure love to come over and gather eggs with their Pops. Have fun!!

I am immersed in the learning center. Everything is just so fascinating. We have had friends from church raise chickens and give us eggs because we have five growing boys who love eggs. My 8 year old eats 4-5 eggs every morning!! Thank you for the encouragement. Look forward to learning all we can.

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom