elevatedruby

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2016
Gatesville, texas
Hello fellow chicken lovers, this is Robert and Kimmy. We are currently at a count of 53 chickens right now, 15 barred rocks, 10 Rhode island reds, 3 Brunner roundheads and 25 tractor supply mystery breed pullets. We are looking into becoming a legit chicken hatchery for heritage, exotic, and endangered breed poultry. We feel that we could actually preserve poultrys' genetics and hopefully make an impact enough to get them off the critical list. I have plenty of questions, pretty sure there's tons of experienced people on here that are willing to help a couple become chicken breeders

Nice to meet you Robert & Kimmy. I hope your plans will materialize in the near future. I am curious to know what a Brunner Roundhead looks like - I'm guessing a gamebird>

I worked at a friend's chicken ranch where these chicks were hatched 1 and a half weeks later in the breeding coops and he just gave them to me for free. He already has 2000 chicks growing out right now and don't want a 50 bird brooder going for 3 chicks. He blessed me

Hi Robert and Kimmy - welcome to our community and i wish you all the best with your plans - guess you are correct about your pics!

All the best
CT

thank you CT, its good to know that its a bunch of good vibes instead of people saying you wont or cant do it

You are most welcome! With commitment and fortitude (and sometimes a bit of luck) theres absolutely no reason why you shouldn't achieve your goal. My great uncle was a mill worker, but became a renown breeder of Lakeland terriers - so why shouldn't you succeed?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom