meandfowl

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2017
Kalkaska Michigan
Hello,
I live in Northern Michigan on 20 acres,have 6 grown kids and 3 grandkids. Life is good.
.My Chicken history is...A few yrs ago my husband wanted to get chickens for eggs. I was !00% against it,who wants those dirty,mean nasty things around just for eggs you can get at the store right ?.I have always had some kind of pet bird in the house so i do like bird just never liked chickens .Well he won when he brought home 6 little chicks thats all it took lol.The next yr I got 20 chicks and 6 ducks lol I loved having them around. Unfortunately we had to get rid of them do to having to move for work but now i'm back home and ready to start again. Right now I have 2 dogs 2 cats a parakeet,cockatiel and a quaker parrot And last week i got some new chicks 4 rr and 2 ee . I will also be ordering some meat chickens,Pekin ducks and thinking about trying turkeys.I am most definitely hooked.

Greetings from Kansas, meandfowl, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our flock! I loved your story about your poultry transformation! They can be addicting, that's for sure!! And now you've even branched into other species - that's awesome! Here are some links you might enjoy: Go here and find the MI link if you want to chat with some local chicken folks:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
And here if you want to participate in forums about other poultry: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/66/other-backyard-poultry
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!
smile.png

G’Day from down under meandfowl
frow.gif
Welcome!

Great introduction, thank you for the chuckle
wink.png

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom