TheBeav

In the Brooder
May 19, 2021
Hello! I'm a new member!! As well as New to having my OWN backyard Guinea Fowl (we have 3 keets to start)
As well as a 1st time "surrogate" mom to 2 beautiful ducklings!! 1 pekin and 1 Black indian runner duckling!
I have grown up helping out on family farms and was Especially Always interested in the chickens, Turkeys and ducks.(Though I Do LOVE ALL animals) I'd have to say I've always been Drawn to the fowls though.
Now, even with that, I don't have much experience with actually raising or caring for baby ducklings or Baby keets for that matter.. other than common knowledge that they need a brooder, correct temperature, climate, water, food..But, Not "specifics" ... and though I have helped care for, feed, clean, etc. them on the farm(s), I have never cared for them like this At HOME! ( amd to clarify, we do have a VEEERY LARGE yard and natural water source as well for them for when the keets transfer outside. And a pen that is half done.. but will be finished by next week, and separate one for the ducks of course, a small pond is also under construction as I type this!.)
So, I have been not only googling and reading article after article making comparisons of info to what suggestions or "directions" are ultimately the Best and Most often suggested as well as fact and fiction etc...because well, I just want whats Best for my "birds"!!.
TIA also..
Added Info for my introduction;
I'm a mom of 4 kiddos. 2 boys 2 girls, ages 15,12,9 and 8. They ALL help with the cleaning and care of our keets and duckies. They named them too btw...
The 3 Keets are named "Kylo-Hen", "Avian", and "Hei Hei" (like from Moana).
Our baby Pekin ducklings name is "Yin",
Our baby Indian Runner ducklings name is "Yang"
They adore each other too!! I Love that!! So.. yep thats just a quick intro with info!!!
Any help or info from experience is BEYOND appreciated!!!! Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20210519_123406.jpg
    20210519_123406.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom