chaoticgoodcoop

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2023
Hi, I'm Rachel and I am a brand new chicken owner! I have had my 6 girls for 2 weeks and because I got them from a breeder the age range is 2-5 weeks. I have four silkies, an Olive Egger and a Black Copper Marans. I live in a suburban area right outside Detroit in Michigan but my city allows up to 6 hens. I am so excited for this journey and I already love my little ladies so much! They're currently in a brooder in my basement. I made the switch from pine shavings to sand earlier this week and so far I am VERY happy. I would LOVE to get some recommendations for best feeders and waterers for when I eventually have them in their coop. Would love to know the reasons WHY people love certain ones! I have a small Tractor Supply coop and am building a 5x15 run that will be attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    542.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 3
Hello!

Welcome to BYC! Thanks so much for joining! We’re so glad to have you here.

Lots of good information and friendly people to guide you through your chicken journey are right at your fingertips!

Feel free to ask any question you have, and you’re sure to find help very quickly, often within just a few minutes!

Thanks for becoming a member, and I hope to see you in some other threads!

Hi, I'm Rachel and I am a brand new chicken owner! I have had my 6 girls for 2 weeks and because I got them from a breeder the age range is 2-5 weeks. I have four silkies, an Olive Egger and a Black Copper Marans. I live in a suburban area right outside Detroit in Michigan but my city allows up to 6 hens. I am so excited for this journey and I already love my little ladies so much! They're currently in a brooder in my basement. I made the switch from pine shavings to sand earlier this week and so far I am VERY happy. I wou look so happy and your chiould LOVE to get some recommendations for best feeders and waterers for when I eventually have them in their coop. Would love to know the reasons WHY people love certain ones! I have a small Tractor Supply coop and am building a 5x15 run that will be attached.
Hi Rachel! You look so happy and your little chicks are adorable! Nice to meet you, welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom